Search This Blog

04 August, 2010

Ode to English Teachers Part II

Good Morning Gente,

Si estas leyendo esto, gracias. Les escribo desde Las Vegas. I am at a conference for my school and had a moment!!  It actually gives me a moment to catch up and fill you in on books (poetry or other wise) that make my head spin. Again the thanks goes to Mrs. T. - my high school English teacher. Below is a list of books that she presented and have stuck out in my mind for a very long time. Let me know if you have ever read any of these books . . .

THE ILLUSTRATED MAN - Ray Bradbury

This book fills out the geek/sci-fi in me. Premise of the book: an un-named man runs into another man covered in tattoos.  Tattoos come to life and tell a different story. Bunch of short stories, very good read.




















THE SOUND AND THE FURY - William Falkner



Mrs. T. if you read this. I am sorry I never finished this book in school. Sadly, I don't think my brain was mature enough (or I just didn't take the time) to catch how great it is. IF you read it before, try reading it again now as an adult, and it reads differently.

















THE CATCHER IN THE RYE - J.D. Salinger

  This is a book I really didn't appreciate until I started teaching.
Amazing read. Even snipers read it. wow.






















O.k. So, I am still waiting for folks to comment on their books. So please, let me know what you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment